When it comes to Vitamins there exist some common principles that the Health Guardian can use as a fundamental bases to define proper nutritional strategy.
- Most tissues need most nutrients.
- Inadequate intakes of most nutrients impair the function of most systems.
- The classical deficiency diseases occur at only the extremes of “inadequacy”.
- The role of nutritional status as a key factor of successful aging is very well recognized.
- Adequate” adult nutrition can be best conceptualized as preventive maintenance.